Sindhu Samaveli Actress Anaka gets threat calls

Her latest movie Sindhu Samaveli seems to have kicked up quite a storm and actress Anakha seems to find herself right in the middle of it. Directed by Samy, the movie, which released last Friday, focuses on an illicit relationship between a man and his daughter-in-law.

Just a little while after news broke out on Monday morning that threats had been issued to director Samy and that his car's windshield had been smashed, actress Anakha confirmed that she too had been receiving threats from anonymous callers who weren't too pleased with the movie's controversial plot.

Says the actress, "I got three calls from anonymous callers who spoke to me using strong words. They wanted to know why I had chosen to act in a film with such a controversial story. And they also told me that they were going to ensure that this film was banned."

The movie, which has evoked a mixed response, seems to have been liked by quite a number of people, who have been impressed with the manner in which Anaka has portrayed her character. "I was in Chennai all this while and several people who watched the film appreciated me for my work in the film, which they termed as impressive. Only a few people are not happy," she explains.

Anakha also discloses that she nurses the suspicion that the threats issued to her are by people with vested interests and not by members of the common public. "The people who threatened me definitely did not sound like the common man, although I don't know who they are," she says.

She clarifies, "People must understand that I'm an actress who has performed just a role. Don't compare me with Sundari, the character I portrayed in the film. People have to realise that I'm Anakha, a 19-year-old degree student. I don't know anything about this movie except for the fact that I played a role that had scope for acting.
"A few keep associating me with the controversy. For me to be associated with this controversy, I must have done some controversial scene in the movie. But if you watch the movie, you will know that there are no controversial scenes in it at all. There are no kissing or exposing scenes in the movie. There is nothing to get offended. So, my humble request is — don't get me involved in this controversy. If at all there is anything controversial about the movie, it is the script. For that, they will have to ask Samy sir, who is the director of the film," she pleads.

Anakha signs off with a promise. "The reason I accepted this role is because it provided me the opportunity to portray a kid as well as a housewife's character. I took up this role because it provided scope for acting, not controversy. It's my childhood dream to be an actress and I love the Tamil film industry. I promise all those who liked my acting and who wish to see me in future Tamil movies that they will always see me playing only lovely, wonderful characters."  
 
Courtesy : Times of India


0 comments to "Sindhu Samaveli Actress Anaka gets threat calls"

Post a Comment

My Blogs

Blog Archive

Followers

Web hosting for webmasters